MetLife Legal Plans serves over 3,000 organizations, including over 200 Fortune 500® companies and a majority of the world’s 10 largest employee benefits consultants. We make employee legal services an affordable and easy-to-administer voluntary benefit, with a focus on providing exceptional customer service throughout the organization.
Our Client Service Center is staffed with professional, friendly representatives who are eager to offer assistance.
Our attorney network is composed of more than 17,500 pre-qualified attorneys who adhere to our Code of Excellence. Additionally, our network is managed by attorneys, which means you’re working with a company that understands the law and how it can serve you.
What makes our employee legal services exceptional:
- Our top priority is Quality Service Always.
- Our legal plan is a Smart. Simple. Affordable.® way for employers to enhance the competitiveness of their employee benefits package and provide unlimited access to the legal assistance they need.
- We serve nearly 5 million Americans through our nationwide network of more than 17,500 attorneys.
- Over 200 Fortune 500® companies offer our voluntary benefit.
- We are the market leader with more than 40 years of progressive growth.
- The world’s largest benefits consultants, such as Aon Consulting and Buck Consultants, and top accounting firms offer our employee legal services.
- We have been in the MetLife family since 1997.
- We deliver service through over 7,000 participating law firms in all 50 states.
- Our model legal plan, covers the most frequently needed, personal legal services for around $200 a year.
Easy To Use
Our Group Benefits Services Offer Value, Convenience and Peace of Mind.
Our group benefits services offer you and your family value, convenience and peace of mind by giving you direct, low-cost access to an attorney for a wide variety of personal legal services. It’s like having an attorney on retainer. Members have the option to obtain legal service plan coverage information and access our attorney network online or by calling our Client Service Center at 800-821-6400. Whichever they choose, accessing a legal plan attorney is easy.
We make it easy for employees to use their legal service plan by:
- Providing immediate and unlimited access to our attorney network online or on the phone
- Providing exceptional customer service – phones are answered live within an average of 8 seconds during business hours
- Offering multiple ways to contact attorneys: phone, email, fax, in person
- Offering the option to use Any Attorney, Anywhere, Anytime.®1
- Maintaining a full-service member website with downloadable self-help documents and a Law Guide
Using Our Legal Plan is Easy as 1-2-3. Log in for member access or call 800-821-6400.
After logging in, you may:
- Review covered services and see complete benefit definitions
- Find an attorney near you using the Attorney Locator
- Get a case number by clicking on “Obtain Case Number”
- Contact the network attorney of your choice and reference your case number when making an appointment
1 If services are provided by an out-of-network attorney, the participant is responsible for paying the difference between the reimbursement amount and the attorney’s charge for the services. To obtain a copy of the out-of-network fee reimbursement schedule, call the Client Service Center at 800-821-6400.
Easy To Implement
Our Group Legal Services are a No-Hassle Employee Benefit for your HR Administrator.
We make it easy for employee benefits professionals to seamlessly add group legal services to your existing employee benefits plans. We provide a single point of contact to make the group legal insurance implementation process as simple as possible.
We also provide communication materials to explain legal service plans to employees, including text for email campaigns, an intranet link to our website, brochures, posters and videos.
Most employers simply add group legal insurance as an option on their core benefits ballot and then forward the file and payment to us monthly. It’s just that easy.
Our group legal insurance has been referred to as a “no noise” employee benefit because employees have access to all the information they need through our member website and Client Service Center, and do not need assistance from their HR administrator. Additionally, employee benefits professionals have told us they receive few to no complaints from employees about legal service plans. We encourage you to read what employers have to say in our employer review section.
We go the extra mile to help implement your group legal insurance. We will:
- Use your specific dependent definitions
- Accommodate your payroll cycle
- Provide helpful usage reports
- Print brochures for you to distribute
- Provide employees access to our toll-free Client Service Center for questions
- Offer communication support and a complete marketing toolkit: newsletter articles, videos, posters, intranet link, text for email campaigns
- Provide Train the Trainer presentations