Attorney Selection Criteria
We maintain a rigorous set of criteria that is used when selecting a provider Law Firm. This ensures that the attorneys who join our attorney network have the experience, expertise, professionalism and courtesy required to serve our plan members. Additionally, attorneys in our network agree to our Attorney Network Code of Excellence before joining the panel.
Criteria used when selecting an attorney:
- A sufficient number of attorneys engaged full-time in the general practice of law
- Graduation from an accredited law school and valid state licensure
- Fully staffed offices to ensure the telephone is answered live
- Positive customer service attitude and eagerness to serve new clients
- The managing attorney of the firm must have at least eight years of experience (although 25 years’ experience is the network average)
- Breadth of practice, ensuring that the firm routinely handles all or many of the case types covered by the plan
- Suitability of practice, ensuring that the firm does not handle a preponderance of cases or clients whose interests are normally adverse to plan members, such as insurance defense or commercial creditors
- Familiarity with legal service plans
- Minimum malpractice insurance of $100,000 per claim and $300,000 aggregate
- Internet access in order to utilize Hyatt support and billing functions
Plan members, log in to locate a prequalified attorney in your area.
Thinking of enrolling in one of our group legal plans? Find local attorneys in our network by accessing the legal plan resource center.