Terms of Service
Hyatt Group Legal Plans: Terms of Service
Group legal plans and Family Matters* are provided by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., a MetLife company, Cleveland, OH. In certain states, group legal plans and Family Matters are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, RI. Please contact Hyatt Legal Plans for complete details on covered services including trials.
No service, including advice and consultations, will be provided for:
- Employment-related matters, including company or statutory benefits
- Matters involving the company, MetLife® and affiliates, and plan attorneys
- Matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the employee and spouse or dependents, in which case services are excluded for the spouse and dependents
- Appeals and class actions
- Farm matters, business or investment matters, matters involving property held for investment or rental, or issues when the participant is the landlord
- Patent, trademark and copyright matters
- Costs and fines
- Frivolous or unethical matters
- Matters for which an attorney-client relationship exists prior to the participant becoming eligible for plan benefits
For all other personal legal matters, an advice and consultation benefit is provided. Additional representation is also included for certain matters listed above under Legal Representation.
*For Family Matters, different terms and exclusions apply.