Hyatt Legal Plans Most Utilized Legal Services of 2016
CLEVELAND, March 1, 2017 – Our members saw Hyatt Network Attorneys for a wide range of legal issues in 2016, but powers of attorneys and wills and codicils topped the list for our most utilized services of 2016. Living wills, trusts and deeds rounded out the rest of the top 5 of our most utilized services last year.
- Powers of Attorney (19%) – Members have access to Network Attorneys to draft financial or healthcare power of attorney documents.
- Will and Codicils (13%) – Network Attorneys can review or draft wills for members. Coverage also includes codicils, which are amendments to a will that can replace or alter it.
- Living Wills (11%) – Members can contact a Network Attorney to draft a living will to inform health care providers about their preferred medical treatment.
- Trusts (7%) – Network Attorneys can prepare revocable or irrevocable living trusts for members.
- Deeds (6.3%) – Members can see an attorney for help in drafting deeds involved in the real estate process.
All of the issues above are fully covered for members. All a member pays is their monthly fee and they can see an attorney for as many legal issues as they need in a year. This provides a tremendous cost saving compared to paying the hourly rate to use an attorney without a legal plan.
In addition to the cost savings, a legal plan gives employees easy access to a network of pre-qualified attorneys. Attorneys in the Hyatt Legal Plans Network have to meet certain requirements as far as the number of years they’ve been in practice and their breadth of practice, and are required to have graduated from an accredited law school. The attorneys are also monitored and reviewed to ensure they are providing quality service to members.
“Wills and powers of attorneys are common legal needs for all Americans, so it’s not surprising to see those issues top our list for most commonly used legal services,” says Ingrid Tolentino, CEO of Hyatt Legal Plans. “What many people don’t realize is that the legal plan covers many other unexpected issues such as traffic tickets, identity theft issues and tax audits. Not all legal issues are planned, that’s why it’s so important to have access to affordable legal help through a group legal plan.”
Use our legal calculator to see how much a legal plan saves you compared to the typical costs of seeing an attorney for common legal issues: https://info.legalplans.com/Calculator/
About Hyatt Legal Plans
Hyatt Legal Plans, a MetLife subsidiary, helps Americans address important life issues through legal services plans. The company provides affordable access to the most commonly needed legal services to over 10 million Americans nationwide. MetLaw®, Hyatt’s model group legal plan, features a nationwide network of over 14,000 licensed attorneys and award-winning client service available by phone or online. For more information, visit www.legalplans.com.
- Based on the average amount of hours it would take using the average hourly rate of $290.00/hour based on years of legal experience, National Law Journal and ALM Legal Intelligence, Survey of Law Firm Economics (2013).