Voluntary Benefits Case Study:
How Barnabas Health and Their Employees Benefit from Hyatt Group Legal Plans
Barnabas Health is New Jersey’s largest integrated health care delivery system. With 18,200 staff members, 4,600 physicians and 445 residents, it provides treatment and services for over two million patients each year. Barnabas Health implemented Hyatt group benefits in 2004 as a way to improve employee engagement, and attract and retain the best talent.
Implementing Hyatt voluntary benefits was easy for Barnabas Health
- They posted a link on their intranet that went directly to Hyatt’s site.
- Hyatt provided all necessary communication materials and legal plan resources for distribution to employees.
- The plan is offered annually during benefits open enrollment.
- The plan runs smoothly with very little “noise” from employees. Questions can be answered by calling the Hyatt 800 number or visiting the website.
Group benefits enrollment
- Enrollment is three times where it started at in 2004 and has increased 57% in the past few years.
- Yearly retention is 72%.
Word of mouth is one of the biggest contributors to these high numbers. Hyatt group benefits have gained popularity over the years as coworkers share their experiences and refer each other to local attorneys who provided excellent service.
Usage and most common legal matters
In 2010, plan usage was 106%, meaning that for every 100 plan members, 100 cases were opened. This is a clear indicator that employees are getting value from the services offered.
Most commonly needed legal matters:
- Wills and estate planning: 32.6%
- Consultations: 16.4%
- Real estate matters: 11.8%
Summary: Overall success of Hyatt group benefits
Employees: Barnabas Health employees receive tremendous value from the group legal benefits. The plan is easy to access and use, and enables employees to save time and money while getting help with common legal needs. The coverage on real estate matters is especially beneficial, because in New Jersey an attorney must be present at the closing of any real estate transaction.
Employers: The Benefits staff appreciates the simplicity of implementing group legal benefits. They recognize that this particular voluntary benefit differentiates Barnabas from other hospital systems.
Back to Case Studies