Personal Legal Plans - Family Legal Services
To provide additional value to our plan members and their families, Hyatt Legal Plans offers the option for plan members to enroll in the Family MattersTM Legal Plan, which provides will preparation and document review for the parents of the plan member and the parents of the member’s spouse for an additional fee.
Family Matters gives legal plan members the personal attention they desire, along with professional, affordable legal services for their parents. The Family Matters Legal Plan is available to plan members at an affordable price of only $240 for a two-year membership.
Covered family legal services
The two-year Family Matters membership covers parents of the plan member and parents of the plan member’s spouse for:
- Preparation of Wills
- Preparation of Living Wills
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney*
- Review of Personal Legal Documents
- Access to our panel of over 12,000 attorneys nationwide for consultations
Learn more or enroll in the Family Matters family legal services plan
Simply log in to your legal plan, and select “Legal Documents for Your Parents” from the left-hand navigation menu. To enroll, select “Enroll Now” from the menu bar at the top of the page.
Family Matters is currently available in all states.
*In New Jersey, members must pay a discounted fee of $10 to the participating attorney in order to have these documents prepared.
The Family Matters legal services plan does not cover:
- Representation or trial work for any legal matter
- Appeals and class actions
- Farm, business, rental, patent, trademark and copyright transactions
- Tax returns
- Disputes or proceedings involving sponsoring companies, Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., Metropolitan Life Insurance Company and affiliates, and any related entities or a Plan Attorney
- Frivolous or unethical matters
- Costs and fines
- Employment-related matters, including company or statutory benefits
- Any matter where there is a conflict between the primary member and the spouse or dependents; only the primary member is entitled to services
Back to Covered Services