Attorney Network — Selecting an Attorney
Hyatt Legal Plans maintains a rigorous set of criteria that is used when selecting an attorney. This ensures that the attorneys who join our attorney network have the experience, expertise, professionalism and courtesy required to serve our plan members. Additionally, attorneys in our network agree to our Attorney Network Code of Excellence before joining the panel.
Criteria used when selecting an attorney:
- A sufficient number of attorneys engaged full-time in the general practice of law
- Graduation from an accredited law school and valid state licensure
- Fully staffed offices to ensure the telephone is answered “live” and not by a machine
- Superior customer service and eagerness to serve new clients
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the practice of law (and the average for our network is 24 years)
- Breadth of practice, ensuring that the firm does not handle a preponderance of cases or clients whose interests are normally adverse to plan members (such as insurance defense or commercial creditors)
- Familiarity with legal service plans
- Martindale-Hubbell ratings
- Malpractice insurance
Plan members, log in to locate a prequalified attorney in your area.
Thinking of enrolling in one of our group legal plans? Find local attorneys in our network by accessing the legal plan resource center.
Attorney Network Code of Excellence
More Hyatt Legal Reviews